You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Electrical Design Engineer - Graduate or Experienced
This role is open to a junior/graduate level candidate or someone with extensive experience.
What will I be doing?
Design of electrical machines and systems for products that are required for products into customer fulfilment centres.
Who will I work with?
• Mechanical, Structural, Electronics Design Engineers
• Engineering Project Managers
• Reliability Engineering
• Vendors and Suppliers
• Installation team
• External design consultancies
This role does not have any budget responsibilities.
What are the key parts of my role?
• Selecting and configuring controls, power and safety system architecture for new automation equipment for AC & DC systems.
• Designing automated machines, their sub systems or their components using control systems, machinery systems and sub-systems
• Specifying and selecting electrical components, for EU and International applications
• Power calculations and budgeting
• Conducting and participating design review for new product designs and changes/modifications to existing designs.
• Design of robotic cells and pick and place systems.
• Solving engineering problems plus relevant investigation activities, and present root cause analysis and solutions.
• Approving and signing off drawings.
• Supporting the transfer to a contract manufacturer for machines with production volumes from 10 offs to 10000s
• Working with relevant regulations.
• Setting electrical engineering best practice within the R&D Team.
• Be able to review design outputs from both internal and external design resources.
• Advising on test procedures and test rigs
• Support development of design verification test plans.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Ability to select standard components and design automation products
• Experience on working on electrical cabinets and control systems for applications globally
• Demonstrated evidence of working with suppliers and contract manufacturers
• Experience of developing products to medium manufacturing volumes.
• Experience of full product development lifecycle.
• Experience of working on Eplan P8 and Matlab
Up to £60,000 depending on experience
• Life Assurance
• Private Medical Insurance
• 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 with 3 years’ service
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free Shares
• Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn schemes
• Discounted shopping
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.