You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Head of Engineering
A very exciting opportunity for a motivational leader, analytical problem solver and commercially astute interim (6 months) Multi-Skilled Head of Engineering to have the ability to thrive in a high-pressured and challenging environment.
To manage all aspects of work within your prescribed area of control, whilst maintaining a constant focus on health and safety and employee welfare. To promote the company’s open democratic culture, whilst effectively meeting the demands of the customer through focusing on quality, service delivery, cost and efficient process control.
Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering Degree
- Management qualification (preferably Grad level or above)
- Minimum 3 years senior management experience
- Intermediate/advanced PC literate
- Substantial lean knowledge, preferably accredited!
- Multi skilled or electrically biased
- Initiates and supports key projects utilising both internal expertise and approved contractors relating to process improvements pertaining to; waste reduction, labour efficiency and productivity increases, environmental/energy saving initiatives, safer working practices, etc. Must be able to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Creates a reliable plant & equipment lifecycle plan and support this with a structured capital investment plan
- Identifies root cause(s) of engineering downtime and introduce effective measures such as ERD and MTBF data for analysis to eliminate/reduce.
- Takes responsibility for the delivery and budgetary control of capital spend on site. The commissioning and installing of new equipment in line with company budgets as well as environmental and H&S considerations
- Drives a ‘continuous improvement’ culture throughout your team and create an appetite for the same throughout other business functions.
- Supports GMP adherence in arrears where your team are deployed.
- Ensures that all recruitment/internal promotions are consistent with the destination role profile and make provision for structured interviews and succession planning to help facilitate this requirement.
- Manages all HR issues relating to your team, i.e. attendance, punctuality, discipline, grievance, etc. consistently and in accordance with the Company’s procedures.
- Promotes quality to his/her team as a key performance measure and ensure quality standards are at best maintained and improved where scope exists.
- Demonstrates an open, democratic and supportive behaviour, consistent with the organisational culture.
- Continually reviews the company skills matrix system and use this as a motivational tool for skills development and succession planning.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.