You can save this job and apply at a later date.
My client, a large NHS organisation, have an immediate need for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join them on an initial 3-6 month contract.
This is a technical role that will be responsible for the successful deployment and operation of the required ICT Infrastructure and associated environment required at the Trust wide. The successful candidate will be provide the necessary support as a subject matter expert, provide and offer technical advice and guidance. The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a project framework such PRINCE 2 or Agile.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Server, network, telephony and PCs incident management and support to progress the resolution of incidents to meet SLA targets.
• To ensure that all services and network systems are operating at optimum efficiency to maximise availability and reliability using monitoring methods and tools for all stakeholder organisations.
• To participate in the ongoing IT backup regime, including ensuring backup routines are appropriate for systems and they are completed successfully as well as changing backup media where appropriate.
• Providing specialist advice and guidance to the department and users ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered too.
• To be active in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the service desk maintains its accreditation status and applies continuous service improvement.
• To work with the IT Engineer Team Leader to develop policies and procedures and facilitate testing that applies to the acquisition, management and use of information technology equipment, services and hardware across the Trust and stakeholder organisations.
• Keep abreast of new technologies and make recommendations for improvements of existing products in support of a more proactive service.
• You will be required to provide support from Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 18:00 on a rota basis with a possible on-call requirement. There will be a requirement at times to work weekends and unsociable hours in order to maintain IT systems.
• Working knowledge desirable: Service Desk incident logging system, preferably BMC Remedy and Service Now
• Advanced Windows 7 & 10
• Advanced Microsoft Office 2010
• Advanced Active Directory 2010
Advanced Hardware knowledge, desktops, laptops, printers, MFDs, etc.
Server infrastructure and troubleshooting
• Networking infrastructure and troubleshooting
• Telephony infrastructure and troubleshooting
• Educated to Degree Level or have demonstrable relevant experience in IT support and development at appropriate level.
• ITIL Foundation Qualification
• Microsoft MCSE Certification, or similar
• Cisco CCNA Certification, or similar
• VCP (VMWare Certified Professional)
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
People Source Consulting