You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Your new company
A leading organisation in trading, storage and distribution of petroleum products and bio fuels. The business is globally recognised and is always expanding. Hays Engineering are proud to be working with this business in their recruitment of an Engineering Manager for their branch located in Tyne and Wear.
Your new role
Your new role is to oversee and support all engineering activities across the site, ensuring that all engineering works are carried out to current standards, regulations, legislations and that methods of good practice are followed. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
* Manage all maintenance, electrical and engineering staff.
* Oversee design, cost, construction, modification and commission of facility enhancements or changes at the site to improve customer service, safety of personnel, operational/engineering processes and equipment efficiency.
* Plan, design, manage, commission and maintain development projects/major overhauls as determined by the business.
* Be responsible for maintaining operation of all Control Systems.
* Ensure that all plant equipment is inspected in line with latest recognised legislation and standards as applicable.
* Responsible for the introduction, development and maintenance of a Computerised Maintenance Management System for the terminals, including all related procedures and systems.
* Determine the correct intervals for maintenance, inspection and testing of all assets at the site.
* To communicate effectively with all personnel to ensure that all engineering activities allow safe, efficient and effective operation of all aspects of the terminals’ activities.
* To ensure that documented records of engineering and maintenance activities are maintained.
* Overall responsibility for all maintenance of plant and equipment at the terminals.
* To ensure that all work undertaken by terminals’ personnel and/or other third parties, is carried out safely.
* Responsible for all engineering and maintenance related aspects of the management of Major Accident Hazards at the terminals in accordance with COMAH guidelines.
* Responsible for setting and managing budgets.
What you'll need to succeed
* At least 5 years’ Process Engineering experience.
* At least 5 years’ Oil & Gas (Preferably downstream) / chemical industry experience.
* Experience of Managing Projects from concept through to completion, providing cost vs benefit analysis & demonstrating budget control
* Experience managing maintenance / project engineering budgets
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in an Engineering discipline (Preferably Mechanical / Chemical Engineering).
* Basic Electrical/Instrumentation knowledge.
* Understanding of the high hazard process industry and knowledge of COMAH Regulations preferred.
* Understanding of Process Safety.
What you'll get in return
Asides from the working for a fantastic organisation you will receive a competitive salary alongside a range of flexible benefits and an excellent bonus scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.