You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Engineering Manager - RF/Microwave/IR System Hardware
This role is to work on a new seeker product with a fast paced programme within a dynamic team to manage the seeker development activities. The seeker must be fit for purpose for its intended use against requirements including a particular emphasis on the assessment and introduction of cost reduction improvements as the design evolves.
- Manage the design, integration and performance testing, seeker performance including the delivery of development hardware for trials and demonstration.
- Manage the multidiscipline teams including mechanical, electronics, firmware, software and test equipment.
- Define the seeker design definition and configuration including managing the design baselines through the development lifecycle to the required quality controls and traceability.
- Identify risks and also mitigation activities including cost down activities including managing the delivery of improvements to meet customer expectations.
- Control non-conformances identified during development build and test and manage the root cause analysis and corrective actions to conclusion.
- Support the Chief Design Engineer in reporting the technical progress and spend against the funded plans and justify additional activities including funding requirements.
- Work with the design team to verify that the performance of supplied parts is suitable against requirements including reviewing test documentation and test results.
What’s in it for you?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working at the forefront of technology, developing new and innovative seeker solutions from complex requirements.
- You will gain experience in seeker technologies and hardware engineering design and integration practices.
- You will be involved in various stages of seeker development from the concept stage through hardware design, development, proving including manufacture.
- There will be opportunities for travel both within the UK and abroad in support of seeker integration, trials and manufacture.
- You will have the opportunity for career progression with formal and on the job training.
What’s great about the team?
- The successful candidate will be joining a developing dynamic design team that have a range of skills and experience. The candidate will have the opportunity to develop the role and assist with forming the design team.
- The team have a common goal for the delivery of a seeker hardware solution that meets the customer’s requirements to the schedule and cost agreed. The successful candidate will be able to significantly contribute to meeting the expectations of both MBDA and the customer.
- The project offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with a specialist team managing technically challenging technology within MBDA using various specialist suppliers.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with modules or expereince relating to RF / electronics.
- Desirable to have an education background including science subjects such as physics and ICT.
- Essential to be able to build good working relationships with team members and external departments, suppliers and customers, acting as a team leader.
- Essential to have some experience of product lifecycles from concept through to production.
- Essential be to be able to produce high quality written reports and presentations to internal and external customers.
- Essential to have experience of project management and cost control.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.