You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Location: Derby, Derbyshire, East Midlands
Rate: £competitive + Benefits
Deliver high quality products/components to clearly defined standards. Review efficiencies and eliminate waste within the manufacturing process.
Lead all manufacturing engineering, processes development projects, providing superior technical knowledge. Responsible for providing leadership, outstanding people skills and management to a team of Project Engineers.
Strategy and Development:
· Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice production engineering; planning vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
General and Task Management:
· Design, prove, implement and maintain production systems to deliver product on time, to quality requirements and to cost
· Drive functional excellence of the production engineering team
· Drive validation plans to ensure robust and comprehensive technical solutions
· Provide technical inputs to bids for new business and facilitate successful outcomes
· Develop and maintain project plans and budget profiles to ensure delivery of milestones to agreed cost targets and timescales
· Analyse and improve material usage
· Analyse downtime, identify trends and develop solutions
· Ensure accuracy of Production Engineering procedures and documentation
· Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions
· Produce written reports and make presentations
· Undertake continuous training and development
· Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
· Identify business improvement opportunities within the organisation
· Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility
· Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting.
· Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports
· Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware.
· Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department People Management
· Ensure the delivery of the People Strategy within area of accountability
· Motivate and coach the team to operational success
· Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems
· Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them
· Lead the team in new product and process introduction
· Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimising cost
· Stay current and up to date on any technology changes that may affect manufacturing design and development and advise others of any impact
· Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on manufacturing activities
· Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers
· Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements
· Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained.
· Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures
· Support encourage and develop the team, proactively contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
· Anticipates and overcomes obstacles
· Embraces personal challenge, takes ownership for team cohesions and is self-aware, is resilient, optimistic and open to change has a collaborative approach to others.
Skills and Attributes:
· Self-supervising within the expectations of Senior Management with outcomes reviewed at senior level.
· Understanding manufacturing processes
· Understanding engineering, scientific and other technical information
· Understand lean manufacturing and have the ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
· Planning and prioritising activities
· Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present data effectively
· Problem-solving skills
· Team working and leadership skills along with Analytical skills, Negotiation skills and the ability to effectively train people inside and outside of their work group.
· Distinguished record of creativity and innovation, develops and applies advanced technologies, engineering principles, theories and concepts, exercises comprehensive discretion in judgement and initiative in setting and implementing goals
Qualifications and Experience required:
· Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred, or HND, BTec Professional Level 5 Award or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
· Membership of an Industry related Professional body would be advantageous.
· Able to demonstrate experience of working within a manufacturing environment
· Experience of managing a team
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on (phone number removed)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.