You can save this job and apply at a later date.
£14.42 / £30,000 Per Annum + Overtime
gap technical are proud to be representing this Global Distribution business in their search for a Mechanical Fitter to work at their facility based near Liverpool
* To carry out planned predictive and re-active maintenance of site wide plant, machinery and equipment.
* To carry out workshop duties such as machine repairs and overhauls.
* To re train in new methodology, technology and engineering techniques as the business needs arise.
* To train others in the plant, utilities, buildings and auxiliary equipment used on site.
* To respond to plant, machinery and equipment failures.
* Troubleshooting and faultfinding on a range of mechanical plant equipment, packing machinery and site services.
* Installation, commissioning and repair of plant, machinery and equipment.
* To be able to work unsupervised when tasked to do so and to organise the work of others in response to the site needs.
* To cover for engineering shift colleagues as the needs arise.
* Work alongside and support the activities of all engineering contractors when they are on site.
* Produce and maintain documents relating to the administration of all engineering tasks.
* The job holder is required to do all tasks considered as relevant by his manager.
* A qualified mechanical fitter, to HNC / NVQ Level 3 standard in a mechanical discipline.
* Hands on experience working on large feed screws, conveyors, elevators, packing, bagging and palletising machinery.
* Hands on experience working on automated machines within a continuous manufacturing environment.
* Team worker with the ability to work under own initiative.
* Collection of data relating to machinery downtime
* Collection of data from PM tasks
* Responsible for the transfer of information and knowledge to other members of the Engineering team
* The use of own initiative and judgement in identifying and correcting all stoppages and breakdowns to production plant, equipment and services.
* The use of own initiative with some independent action to prioritise engineering problems.
Please send your CV and call Michael at gap technical on (phone number removed)
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on (phone number removed)
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment business.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 06/07/2019
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Gap Technical Ltd