You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Infrastructure Engineers
Location- Manchester City centre
Following a hugely successful couple of years and continued growth my client is seeking Senior Civil Engineers to eb situated in their Manchester city centre office to manage and assist in the delivery of many exciting, complex and challenging schemes within the Infrastructure sector.
Job Duties and responsibilities;
. Reporting to a Principal and Associate, the successful candidate will become a part of the infrastructure design team and support the delivery of large commercial and residential developments through the Planning process to construction, providing technical review,
. Be a part of the management team. Role You will need to enjoy working on technically challenging projects and be focused on delivery of results to the clients, meeting deadlines.
. You will work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects and be expected to: - Prepare bids for small to medium sized projects and assist in preparation of bids for larger commissions. - Own project production from inception to completion with Principal or Associate
. Appointment documents, financial management, invoice drafting, report writing and calculation, specification, drawing and Civil3D Model production.
- Prepare Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies to suit client purposes.
- Manage and record health and safety risks and maintain Designers Risk Assessments in accordance with CDM regulations and all guidance.
- Take responsibility and provide technical/commercial knowledge and decisions to control our exposure to risk
- Advise and update Principal and clients of any possible changes to scope, circumstances, or programme that may impact on cost and agree actions.
- Be conversant with the practice Integrated Management System, policies and procedure and ensure document control of the projects undertaken is maintained.
- Liaise with co-professionals and clients on a project basis through meetings and conference calls etc, with input to information production and execution programmes.
- Delegate workload and monitor delivery and help train and mentor other team members.
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of sites; prepare reports or sections thereof.
The office workload is likely to include highways and drainage engineering in relation to civils building projects such as residential schemes, schools, industrial units, commercial and retail buildings etc. The office is also involved in numerous projects for housing developers, planning consultants and other professionals.
. Minimum of 5-10 years' experience in the design of highway and drainage infrastructure.
- Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of civil engineering solutions across highways and drainage design.
- Significant knowledge and experience of the principles and application of all relevant regulations and guidance including, but not limited to the most up-to-date versions of Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads
- Extensive experience of Micro drainage and AutoCAD (knowledge of Civil 3D preferable also).
- Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co-professionals on a project and general level.
- Commercial awareness and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties and insurances.
. Education BEng, MEng or MSc in Civil Engineering preferred.
Award winning structural, civil and sustainability consultancy, operating across the North West and Yorkshire.
Work for a "can do" attitude company with approachable and experienced management who are hands on.
Offer a wide range of civil engineering design services; private and adoptable below ground drainage, private and adoptable highways, bridge design and inspections, drainage strategies and flood risk assessments.
Proficient in industry standard software packages like Civil's 3D, Micro-drainage, Cad, XP solutions and PDS
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Vertical Recruitment Limited