You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Engine Components & Systems Development Engineer
Engine Components & Systems Development Engineer - Peterborough - Initial 12 month contract - up to £36.50 per hour (limited or umbrella company contract basis)
Key Responsibilities of the Engine Components & Systems Development Engineer
- Technical project leadership of the delivery of engine components and systems
- Development and validation of engine components and systems
- Technical leadership for problem resolution on engine components and systems
- Assessment of test results / data analysis
- Component supplier management and collaboration
- Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and define validation requirements
- Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain ‘buy-in’ from the business for selected components, designs and suppliers
- Support field and production issues, diagnose issues to root cause, put in place containment actions, and develop permanent corrective actions. Work with suppliers and keep stakeholder informed of progress and decisions
Key Skills & Competencies required of the Engine Components & Systems Development Engineer
- Strong technical background (technical degree preferred in mechanical or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered
- Good understanding of Internal Combustion engine systems
- Development / validation experience of engine components and systems
- Proven experience of strong collaboration with component suppliers
- Ability to lead and deliver problem resolution projects for engine components or systems
- Self-motivation and an ability to manage and deliver tasks to meet established commitments
- Excellent communications skills & teamwork
- Desirable – Experience of running and participation in FMEA, and good understanding and application of APQP
For further information please contact Francesca on (phone number removed).
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. The role is being made available by the end client on a contract/interim basis. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.