You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Assistant Civil Structural Engineer
Our client is one of the UK’s leading multi-disciplined design consultants, who specialise in complex infrastructure and built environment projects. They deliver projects from cradle-to-grave for clients across the transportation, energy, life sciences and nuclear sectors.
They are currently seeking an Assistant Civil Structural Engineer to work within their established design team, based in Salford Quays. The successful applicant will be working on a wide variety of projects within the Pharmaceutical, Defence and Utilities sectors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be responsible for generating structural designs of civil and structural engineering members as part of a multi-disciplinary design team.
Full duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide appropriate levels of civil and structural design to a range of different buildings and elements.
- Works to own initiative and will be required to supervise trainees and other graduates as experience is gained.
- To be able to effectively contribute towards and in the future lead and manage packages of work.
- To be responsible for ICE training and input as required.
- Be responsible for the production of detailed civil and structural calculations in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
- Be fully conversant with the basics of British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to civils and structural loading, design and specification.
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing sketches or CAD drawings to internal and/or customer standards.
- Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Communicate and collaborate with engineers and technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.
Skills & Experience:
- BSc / B.Eng / M.Sc in Civil or Structural engineering
- Student proficiency in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D software. Working knowledge of Autodesk REVIT a bonus.
- Knowledge and understanding of traditional building materials, e.g. Steel, Timber, Concrete and RC and overall site wide infrastructure and earthworks.
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole
- Knowledge of CDM regulations
- Knowledge of current UK technical standards/publications and legislation requirements
- High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software i.e. word, excel, etc.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.