You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Title: Assistant Engineer
Salary and Benefits: A competitive salary, 26 days annual leave, Matched pension scheme - up to 7.5%, x2 Share schemes, numerous retail discounts
Business area: Highways - Design Services
Kier Strategic Highways are looking to recruit an Assistant Engineer to join the Design Services North team in Manchester. The purpose of this role is to carry out tasks associated with the development of scheme work in accordance with the briefs and in line with the time and budgetary allocations. Also to assist in the overall delivery of the workload of the Highways team within the Design Services North offices in Manchester, Chorley and Penrith.
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
* Assisting in the successful delivery of the programme of work by completing tasks to facilitate the production of design solutions and other outputs to meet client requirements within budget and timescale.
* Comply with Kier processes and procedures as well as any Client specific requirements.
* Developing knowledge and experience regarding the production of scheme design including awareness of National design standards, procedures and requirements as well as any specific parameters.
* Production of scheme documents, reports and associated paperwork.
* Compliance with the Quality Management Systems.
* Understanding and appreciation of how designs comply with relevant health and safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
* Understanding of the implications of their actions in relation to the regular reporting of progress to clients, and regularly communicating with line managers regarding any concerns against planned programme
* To take opportunities to develop their professional knowledge and experience when presented
Key Skills and Qualifications:
* Experience of managing projects
* Excellent communication skills
* Commercial awareness
* Technical competence
* Risk Management
* Planning and organisation skills
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.