You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Lead Design Field Engineer
About Ferrovial Agroman:
Ferrovial Agroman is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
Ferrovial Agroman delivers value-driven, complex multi-displinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy.
We have an established presence in the UK and Ireland with the support of our global resource pool.
Ferrovial is a world-leading provider of infrastructure services delivering end to end capabilities over the entire asset lifecycle. This provides our diverse range of clients with a positive legacy through our integrated approach, ensuring consistently high standards of excellence in delivery. Value creation is at the heart of everything we do.
Description of Activities to be undertaken
- Assisting the Fusion Engineering Manager in discharging delegated site based duties and responsibilities of the ‘Lead Designer’;
- Undertaking reviews as required of subcontractor technical submittals (including technical method statements, mix designs and other material approvals);
- Providing Field Engineering input to the RFI/NCR/FCR process and where required confirming the acceptability of the proposed solution on behalf of the Fusion Engineering department before onward submission to the Designer;
- Determining the need (with the Project Engineer) to engage design authority for interpretation or approval of design changes or non-conformances which constitute design changes.
- Providing input into engineering solutions/field sketches/specifications to resolve site based queries and coordinating resolution of issues with the Design Manager where required (and where it is not the responsibility of the subcontractor).
- Keeping the Fusion Engineering Manager informed of technical issues on site;
- Monitoring the adequacy of ‘Issued for Construction’ design details being used on site and highlighting and inadequacies to the Design Manager;
- Undertaking inspections on behalf of the ‘Lead Designer’ in accordance with the ITP’s;
- Assisting the Quality department by providing technical support for any audit or surveillance of sub-contractor’s quality records.
- Confirming on behalf of Fusion Engineering department, that red-lines or as-builts are representative of the physical works and agreed design changes;
- Confirming on behalf of Fusion Engineering department that defects and outstanding works lists are accurate;
- Confirming on behalf of the Fusion Engineering department that site works required to discharge Undertakings and Assurances have been undertaken as reported by the subcontractor;
- Ensure utilities works are completed in accordance with the relevant Lloyds Register accreditations
- Co-ordinate with Utility Companies in the adoption of the diverted utility assets
- Routine reporting of the technical compliance of works undertaken to date is in compliance with agreed methods of work, approved materials, and issued for construction design details
Minimum Qualifications Needed for Role
- Civil Engineering degree, related work experience in road design. Knowledge of the regulations/standards of the Highway England
- Experience leading transportation projects, which require multiple-agency interaction
Ferrovial Agroman UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and as such treats applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Ferrovial Agroman UK & Ireland