The MEL Group are family run, with a realistic goal to be a 100 million a year business. We are a total engineering solution provider to the global aerospace and defence market and to industry in general.
Due to increasing growth within the business, an opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Fitter to join the team at Didsbury Engineering based in Wilmslow, Cheshire. The role will involve meeting production team targets in assembling and servicing of Didsbury Products.
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday, 06:45am – 2:45pm with a daily 30-minute lunch break.
You will be responsible for:
- Prepare, fit and repair component parts and equipment including all aspects of metal-work, hand tools and lathe operation.
- Maintain departmental tools, ensuring all are kept in a good state of repair for and receive regular maintenance.
- Liaise with management and technical colleagues regarding prototype production and testing
- Manage individually assigned workload, working with departmental team leader to ensure that production targets are met.
- Ownership of production quality checks before distribution or progressing to another department acting as a witness when required.
- Assist with the delivery of customer product and servicing training at Didsbury Engineering.
- React quickly to changing demands, re-prioritise own workload as required based on production and sales information.
Essential Personal Skills / Attributes:
- Proven production experience acquired within an engineering environment
- Interpersonal skills including good spoken and hand-written communication
- Adequate level of physical fitness, mobility and dexterity for fitting and customer training
- High levels of attention to detail with the ability to read, understand and follow technical drawings
- Positive approach / attitude to customer service (both internal and external customers)
- Good to workload management with the ability to react positively to changing demands
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.