You can save this job and apply at a later date.
A fantastic Opportunity exists to join a world leading certification test house. An opportunity for a Certification Engineer to join the UK based, safety certification team. The appointment will be made at a level commensurate with the experience of the applicant, but for an appointment at Certification Engineer level, there is a defined promotion path to Senior Certification Engineer.
- Conduct product assessment (either lab-based or on clients’ sites) in accordance with procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relationships.
- Capability of performing standard tasks without guidance or supervision
- Take a logical and well organised approach to their work
- Technically lead and/or execute technology and engineering projects and development of new technologies at local level
- Take responsibility for the release of certification evaluation and review findings.
- Demonstrate a very high level of confidence interacting with customers and colleagues and be entirely comfortable defending opinions and advice given if challenged
- Conduct on-site inspection of production processes in support of safety certification
- Provides technical support to sales teams on opportunities
- Have the aptitude to progress to a Senior Engineer role
- Participate in technical capability development or best practice projects (i.e. development of schemes, procedures, methods in support of ISO 9001, ISO 17025, ISO 17065)
- Take responsibility for leading the work of others and for a range of resources
- Be able to advise and support trainees and develop candidates at a local level within their technical field
- Deal with ethical and professional issues in accordance with current professional and/or ethical codes or practices, seeking guidance where appropriate
- Be a confident presenter in giving industry event talks and when delivering training courses
- Have an integrated knowledge and understanding of the scope, main theories, principles, concepts, terminologies and boundaries of their subject discipline (e.g. safety certification of equipment for ordinary or hazardous locations), and have experience of application of ISO 17025, ISO 17065 or ISO 9001
- A Certification Engineer should have post-degree experience in a similar role and a Senior Certification Engineer is likely to have significant experience in a similar role
- Have demonstrated their ability to apply their academic knowledge in the context of testing or certification of equipment
- Proven ability and track record of contributions to the development of technical solutions and improved practices
- Recognised as a competent practitioner in their field
- Expected to be working towards a professional qualification and/or accreditation
- An ISO 9001 auditor qualification would be an advantage
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.