You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Manufacturing Engineering Manager, based in High Wycombe, UK
Are you a Manufacturing Engineering manager seeking your next role? Do you want to work for a company with world leading products that are at the forefront of bringing new ideas and solutions to electron microscopy If so, this is an amazing opportunity to learn, grow and succeed in a business with ambitious plans for its future.
As a Manufacturing Engineering Manager you role will be to develop and manage Productionisation, New Product Introduction (NPI) and Continuous Improvement (CI) and Quality Outflow Prevention.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will ideally have the following skill/attributes:
- Relevant Engineering degree or similar preferred, - Candidates with a strong experience supplemented with vocational qualifications will also be considered
- Experience of successfully productionising prototype product.
- Experience of implementing poka-yoke manufacturing fixtures, test systems and techniques
- New Product Introduction & Engineering Change Management experience
Key responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Developing and leading a team of engineers to provide resources, skills and support to the NA Manufacturing Team.
- Review our current Manufacturing Engineering processes; develop a vision and roadmap for future best in class performance. Implement the plan in collaboration with the Operations team.
- Improve and maintain a robust NPI & Engineering change process.
- Contribute to design reviews in ensuring that our product is designed for Manufacture & Assembly and meet goals on operational efficiency, yield, costs and quality.
- Work with the other Operational departments to ensure that the supply chain is appropriately planned and that methods and processes are to the agreed cost, quality and delivery objectives.
- Quality Outflow prevention, in providing robust poka yoke solutions to ensure that Oxford Instruments maintain its industry leading position.
- Six sigma analysis of in-house yield and warranty returns, utilising a lean approach in implementing preventative solutions.
- Maintain an agreed plan of project objectives and account for progress, ensuring that all activities are identified with objectives and deliverables and that individual’ responsibilities are clear.
- Develop the required technical skills within the team to address the full range of manufacturing activities, including materials planning, component manufacturing and quality and product performance and reliability.
Benefits for the Engineering Manufacturing Manager
In addition to a competitive starting salary, structured career development opportunities, and a good work-life balance, Oxford Instruments offers 25 days annual leave, half-days on Fridays, private healthcare, a share incentive plan, a defined contribution Group Personal Pension Plan, and a flexible benefits package that you can tailor to your own requirements.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.