You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Tooling Design Engineer
You will be responsible for the development of tooling design solutions to support various processing techniques from R&D through to volume component manufacture.
You will play a key role in our new product development activities and specialises in creating tooling solutions for Silicone and PU foam moulding, jigs & fixtures.
The role also requires the assessment, research and performance of production tooling components and methodologies to seek innovative advancements and repairs to reduce production costs and improve quality.
KEY TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications & Experience
• Knowledge of injection tooling.
• Engineering Degree or a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship.
• Ideally with knowledge of silicone rubber processing or similar manufacturing process
Technical Knowledge & Skills
• Schematic diagram creation along with full Engineering Drawings.
• Relevant technical skills and knowledge should include, but not be limited to, 3D Solid Modelling, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office suite skills including MS project.
• A good understanding of Lean Manufacturing and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
• Experience of using SolidWorks Vault (PDM) FEA and Mould Flow Analysis, Continuous Improvement (Six Sigma or Lean) would be an advantage although not essential.
• Strong project / program management abilities in order to effectively develop systems or oversee personnel.
• Knowledge of ERP systems.
• Knowledge of small to medium-scale production and manufacturing.
• Solid analytical abilities
• Creative and progressive thinking is an essential
• A practical, can-do attitude
• Excellent communication and teamworking skills
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.
By applying for this position please take a few moments to view our Privacy Notice on our Orion website which details how we retain and process your data. Alternatively please give us a call so we can discuss this with you.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.