You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Air Conditioning Engineer
Air Conditioning Engineer
A bit about us
Arcus is driven by over 3,000 people. We bring together the unique skills, knowledge and experience that our clients really value. Our behaviours are aligned to encourage our people to share ways of doing something better, saving time, effort or money. It is not just what we do that makes us standout, it is how we do it that makes us truly different, that, coupled with our core values – Do it SIMPLY, Do it WELL, Do it WITH PASSION which underpin everything we do.
Your new role
As a field-based Air Conditioning Engineer you will be working on a variety of different HVAC systems on large commercial buildings across the South West of the UK. The role will include service, maintenance, breakdowns and fault finding on the Air Conditioning systems. This is a pivotal role in our M&E division where you will play a key part and in our ongoing growth and success.
What you’ll be responsible for
* Service & maintenance of HVAC/ Commercial Chillers& Air Conditioning equipment
* You’ll be splitting your time on reactive maintenance and PPMs, visiting a variety of commercial sites which are largely in the retail sector, with a few commercial office blocks too.
* Dedicated to all aspects of service and reactive maintenance on a wide range of appliances including air conditioning such as AHU's, VRV's VRF's, splits etc
* Be available when on call to ensure effective response & resolution to satisfy customer needs and escalating where appropriate
* Ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements and adhere to best working practices
* Undertake relevant HR processes including, notification of absence, holidays, training needs and completion of timesheets
* You are what the client sees first; make a good impression (ensure you comply with dress code and maintain your vehicle in good condition)
* Achievement of tasks within SLA times and work orders opened and closed in real time
* Timely completion of reactive and planned works carried out to agreed standards, achievement of first fix and equipment uptime
* To work proactively to manage task volumes in conjunction with the Planning and Dispatch team
* Ensure appropriate audits and checks (seasonal) are carried out in line with standards provided
* To order and fit parts or components as prescribed by company procedures
* To notify the company P&D team of procedural task condition on completion of works
* Able to effectively diagnose and identify faults and failures with equipment and systems and provide effective solutions and escalate where necessary
* To actively support colleagues building a teamwork approach e.g. – supporting with training and up skilling of apprentices and communicating regularly and assisting when required
* You will be covering a portfolio of sites across the South West area.
To be successful in this role you will have
* Related Air Conditioning Tickets C&G's or NVQ's.
* F-Gas (2079)
* Air Conditioning experience in a similar role ideally within the retail sector.
* Ability to work alone or within and a small team of other engineers.
* A full UK drivers’ licence.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, company van and uniform, you will enjoy 33 days annual leave, a generous contributory pension scheme of matched contributions up to 6%, a discretionary bonus scheme, gym discounts and life assurance. At Arcus we are passionate about individual development which is why we are proud to offer industry leading Learning & Development opportunities to all our staff across our organisation.
Your role involves being on call, reacting to emergencies as well as attending business critical works. The call out premium is incorporated into your basic salary. You will normally be on call 1 week in 4 from 17:00 on a Friday for one week. You will not be paid an on call allowance; this is incorporated into your annual salary. Compensatory rest periods following call-outs are unpaid. Payment is made from the time you leave home to returning home.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.