CNC TURNING SETTER
SLIDING-HEAD / MILL-TURN
The CNC Turning Programmer/Setter will be able to demonstrate a positive attitude towards the continuous improvement of their own work and that of a highly skilled team. Also, to demonstrate initiative, be flexible, and able to work well under pressure. This role will be specifically to cover our afternoon shift across varied turning principles.
CNC Turning Setter Duties and Responsibilities
These will include the following listed below and other duties may be assigned depending on the needs of the business.
- Problem Solving
- Multi-tasking on sliding-head and slant-bed turning with live tooling capabilities.
- Read drawings
- Inspect own work
- Producing machined components to tight tolerances
- Completing work to designated deadlines
- Creating NC programmes from engineering drawings
- Safe working within the section
- Good housekeeping in the area of operation
- Maintaining quality of work and adherence to work processes
- Achieving the production schedule
- Minimising machine downtime
- Effective flow of work in and out of section
- Adhere to requirements of the Company’s QA policies
CNC Turning Setter General Guidelines
- This role will cover our second shift pattern (1pm-11pm, Fridays off) will consider other possible shifts