You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with strong CAD skills to join an East Sussex based company renowned for designing and manufacturing automation-based solutions for companies within the scientific sectors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to oversee the design and manufacture of very sophisticated automated systems.
- The design of automated systems, from inception, (planning and conceptualising) to designing (Solidworks) to completion (installation and commission of systems)
- The conceptualisation and design of mechatronic systems e.g.: Infrared drying systems, robotic assembly lines, and lateral flow laminating systems.
- The usage of 2D / 3D CAD software, creating and editing CAD drawings, specifically in Solidworks.
- Internal communication regarding electrical design, but mainly working autonomously on a given project.
- HNC/HND or Undergraduate Degree in Mechanical / Mechatronics / Robotics Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in mechanical design engineering, preferably with experience working with automated mechatronic systems.
- 5 years’ experience using Solidworks is necessary.
- The successful candidate will be:
- An enthusiastic and dynamic mechanical engineer, with an autonomous drive to self-motivate.
- Passionate about science, engineering and technology.
- Organised, methodical and precise.
- Friendly, a clear and polite communicator.
- Experience using the full Windows/Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Full driving license and passport.
Apply for this job if all above applies to you, and you are looking for a job with a strong local focus on all processes involved.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Flexible hours
Key words: CAD, Solidworks, robotics, mechatronics, automated assembly lines, ISO 9001,
Job is commutable from: Tonbridge, Crowborough, Maresfield, East Grinstead, Wadhurst, Uckfield
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
About Solutions Recruitment