You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Lead Mechanical Design Engineer
Reporting to Engineering Manager – Permanent Vacancy
£40,000 per annum, plus benefits
The primary role is to manage engineering mechanical resource responsible for the design of generator and UPS project solutions as directed by the Engineering Manager.
In addition to the primary role, the Lead Mechanical Design Engineer will also be capable of using:
- AutoCAD and 3D SolidWorks to design complex generator and UPS projects and provide technical support to the Company.
- Provide strong personnel management to the product division’s mechanical engineering personnel.
- Ensure design activities are completed within the technical scope of supply, cost constraints and project plan requirements.
- Provide robust and sound technical support and leadership to the mechanical design teams.
- Plan resource and manage the workload in the mechanical engineering design department to an agreed design release and document issue plan.
- Drive product, process and cost saving initiatives in conjunction with the Engineering Managers Key Objectives and outline company strategy for growth.
- Provide timely product and technical support to other departments in the company and client base as required.
- Generate mechanical layout designs to information detailed in the customer and Company’s specified requirements.
- Undertake design activities within the Company’s laid down design, document issue and control procedures.
- Produce layout designs on the Company’s 2D AutoCAD and 3D CAD systems.
- Ensure that full production support documentation is created and issued to the relevant departments.
- Endeavour to meet the timescales laid down on the engineering schedule for completion and issue of information.
- Liaise with the project lead, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers to ensure a fit for purpose design is created.
- In dealings with outside personnel, present the Company in a professional manner so as to enhance the reputation and standing of the Company in the local community and within the industry.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner and if required recommendations are made for changes with regard to health and safety issues.
- Undertake any other tasks, as deemed appropriate, by the Engineering Manager.
- A suitable qualification Degree, HND, or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Design Engineering is required as a minimum for this role.
- Demonstrable experience of AutoCAD software package is required as a minimum and the use of 3D SolidWorks is a desirable attribute.
- Experience in the management of an engineering design team preferably in an electrical or electronic manufacturing business.
- Microsoft Office including Outlook/Word/Excel and Experience using MRPII systems to create BOMs and technical specifications is required.
- Experience on the design of Emergency/Standby Power Generators and industrial UPS systems with an appreciation for management progression being highly desirable.
Design knowledge of the following would be highly advantageous:
- Mechanical systems design including container and control panel layout.
- Mechanical system integration to customer’s existing systems.
- Fuel and coolant pipework system design.
- Fire systems and hazardous area mechanical design knowledge.
- Gas, Oil & Marine, Power installations.
- Competence in ATEX directive including Compex design/installation procedures.
- Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&ID) understanding would be an advantage.
For more information regarding this opportunity please call Lee Trezise, Senior Recruitment Consultant NES Global Talent on (phone number removed) or email: (url removed)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
NES Global Talent