You can save this job and apply at a later date.
CNC Vertical / Horizontal Borer
Our client, a leader in the engineering industry, is urgently recruiting for two experienced CNC Vertical / Horizontal Borers for their facility in the Glasgow area. Essentially, we are looking for someone who has experience in this type of role and industry.
Working in a large machine shop you will be proficient in setting, programming and machining operations of a wide range of components in a wide range of materials.
- Setting, programming and machining of components in a wide range of materials
- Operating CNC horizontal and vertical borer and working to tight tolerances
- Interpret engineering drawings to customer specs in order to produce components to the standards
- Regularly informing the supervisor of the status of work as completed
- Sound engineering background is a must, additional experience of the conventional turning and vertical boring being an advantage
- Use company tools and other equipment as appropriate and take responsibility for daily maintenance of assigned equipment
- Ensure that valid risk assessments have been completed for all aspects of production activities and that any identified risks are minimised, assisting with the completion of risk assessments where required
- Assist other Production Technicians with workload as required
- Participate in shop and departmental audits as required
- Comply with the requirements of risk assessments and safety procedures
- Use PPE as identified in risk assessment’s or other related safety documents
- Must be a time served to City & Guild or ONC Level.
- £17.00 per hour – Overtime will be available
- Monday to Friday 0800-1630
- Permanent position
Ten Live is a multi-award winning global recruitment and resource management company with many years' experience. With its initial roots in Scotland being one of the Top 90 Companies in Scotland, Ten Live operates across the United Kingdom, Europe, Asia, Australia, North America, South America and Africa, GCC Middle East – UAE, Dubai, Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman
An important service that we offer to our clients is a one-stop integrated Resource Management and Recruitment Process Outsourcing service which incorporates recruitment, management, and performance/needs analysis of clients’ permanent and contract staff requirements, including visa, relocation, training and other related bespoke assistance as required in the Energy, Transportation and Rail, Supply Chain Logistics, Industrial, Construction and Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Chemical, Education and Training, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, IT, Finance, HR and Support Services markets.
We offer this service through the Ten Live Quality Management System which has combined our 60 years + experience in the industry, our partnerships with industry bodies and regulators and a customer-centric quality management and continuous improvement system adhering to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 quality assurance standards being accredited to RISQS Audited and REC Audited.
No longer do you need to rely on separate suppliers for recruitment, payroll & invoicing, training and other resource and recruitment services. Ten Live can offer all of this, and more.
Our unique process offers both employers and jobs seekers a high degree of certainty in sourcing the right person for the right role.
We are an equal opportunities organisation. Calls may be recorded for training purposes.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Ten Live Group