You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000
Start Date: Interview Immediately
Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:00 – 4:30, Friday 8:00 – 1:30
Are you a Mechanical Engineer with experience in steel fabrication looking for a role where you can assist with the development of innovative and bespoke products?
My client is looking for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join their talented Design team in Nottinghamshire and report directly to the Engineering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of drawings, bills of materials and design calculations for both new products and modifications to existing products.
• To work closely with the company’s production and manufacturing engineering functions to ensure designs are effective as possible for the wider business.
• To support the company’s sales and marketing functions.
• Liaison with the other departments within the company to help achieve common goals.
• Creation and development of conceptual design schemes.
• Attendance of site visits, meetings and surveys as required by the projects.
• Any further related tasks as defined by the Engineering Manager.
• Degree or HND held in Civil or Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline).
• At least 2 year’s relevant industry experience.
• Experience in Autodesk Inventor is preferable, experience in 2D/3D CAD Systems essential.
• Experience using SAP ERP or similar is desirable.
• A good appreciation of the importance of Design for Manufacture / Assembly principles.
• Practical manufacturing or instillation experience will be seen as beneficial.
• High capability in written or spoken English.
Phone: (phone number removed)
Please note due to the volume of applications, we can only commit to contact those candidates we deem suitable for the position. However, we may retain your details and contact you in the future should suitable positions arise.
Please note the above job specification could be subject to change as agreed with our client.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.