You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Engineer (Marine)
As the selected candidate, you will have a number of key roles and responsibilities:
* Utilise a strong fundamental knowledge of mechanical systems design.
* Undertake engineering calculations from first principles and class societies.
* Undertake mechanical and diagrammatic drawing packages for submission to class societies.
* Prepare propulsion driveline and shaftline arrangements.
* Review construction drawings and 3D production models.
* Perform engineering studies, technical evaluations and various studies.
* Review classification and shipyard appraisal comments.
* Communicate with regulatory bodies and clients.
* Providing technical input into vessel specifications and tendering arrangements.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
* Degree qualified
* Proficient with 2D and 3D CAD and other specialist software to produce and review designs.
* Mechanical design background with experience working on 15-100m vessels.
* Shipyard experience with understanding pf production requirements.
* Excellent communication and report writing skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients.
* Highly motivated when working as part of a team.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information about this role, please contact Ashley Clarke on (phone number removed) or email ashley.clarke @ (url removed) and quote 14880. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the ‘Apply’ link and following the instructions.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Blueprint Recruitment Solutions