You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Production Engineer - Heavy Fabrication
Our client involved in civil and marine fabrication is looking for a contract production engineer to assist them for up to 6 months on order and workflow fulfilment.
Duties will include
- Act as a manufacturing and production interface between Design, Procurement, Workshops, sub-contract manufacturers & suppliers.
- Provide technical support to Procurement, Design team, Plant and Workshops ensuring timely delivery of components in line with the contract requirements.
- Actively support the Procurement department with Supply Chain Management.
- Challenge inefficiencies and where possible implement improvements to the work flow process from all business lines.
- Attend design reviews, meetings to assist design engineers with material selection taking into consideration availability, cost and suitability.
- Support Procurement to determine most appropriate sourcing of component & assembly manufacture or refurbishment either in-house or by third parties.
- Provide informed engineering feedback to design teams for product development and manufacture such as agreed standard components.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of heavy fabrication and manufacturing processes and be able to show previous similar professional experience in marine or civil fabrications
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.