You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Due to expansion of the current Manufacturing team, Cobham Mission Systems are recruiting for multiple Manufacturing Engineers to drive process improvement initiatives and root cause and corrective action, whilst ensuring capacity and capability of manufacturing processes and equipment is matched to the business requirements. The salary for these roles is up to £45,000 depending on experience and current package.
About Cobham Mission Systems
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator with the Wimborne site specialising in Air-to-Air Refuelling and Weapons Carriage and Release System applications. Current and future technologies are at the forefront of the business and Manufacturing Engineering are continually looking at new processes, methodologies and technology to provide advantages within a highly competitive aerospace industry
Cobham Mission Systems is based in Wimborne, Dorset and is a modern facility which offers an open plan working environment. Cobham employees can expect to benefit from;
· Free onsite parking
· Subsidised restaurant (including a Costa coffee)
· On-line system offering a wide range of competitive flexible benefits including a matched pension contribution of up to 12%, child care vouchers, private medical and dental insurance, holiday buy and sell options, subsidised local gym memberships and many others
· Share incentive schemes
· Flexible working hours
· Discounted Cobham Sports and Social Club membership
· A wide range of internal and external training opportunities.
As a Manufacturing Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Having held a previous Manufacturing Engineering position within a production organisation or broad based background
- A depth of experience in driving process improvement
- An understanding of current and cutting edge manufacturing processes and equipment
- A solid understanding of DFMA tools
As a Manufacturing Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Acting as a key link in the introduction of process & product knowledge into development programmes
- Providing pro-active input into product development that ensures products are design to cost utilising Design For Manufacture & Assembly principles
- Supporting Program Management in progression and completion of development programs.
- Acting as the Manufacturing Engineering authority on Planning and Producability development programmes
- Ensuring that all ME Lifecycle Management tasks are completed in line with programme timeframes
- Ensuring products are designed for efficient manufacture and assembly,
- Coordinating the completion of a PFMEA and implementation of associated risk reduction activities in line with LCM requirements.
- Defining manufactured recurring costs at the bid stage, and to seek to achieve the target cost reductions through product development and process improvement.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.