You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Capstan Lathe Operator
The successful candidate will work as part of the engineering team to ensure that the products manufactured in accordance with the stated order requirements, meet and exceed their customers’ requirements.
They will be expected to maintain the highest quality of work, produced in the most efficient way, and work fully to the guidelines set out in our clients quality system. Also, to comply with all OH&S policies and procedures.
Duties to include but not limited to:
* Operate the capstan lathes safely and effectively.
* Will be required to adjust machine offsets when required.
* Monitor the machine for problems
* Monitor coolant levels and top up when required.
* Follow work instructions ensuring quality at all times
* Ensure their own safety and that of others.
* Cooperate with employer on OH&S training and guidance.
* Do not interfere or misuse anything provided in the interest of health & safety.
* Ensure PPE is worn when required.
* Report any accident, near miss or ill health immediately to employer.
* Suitable Industry recognised qualifications in capstan lathe operating or a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a similar engineering environment at a comparable level.
* Knowledge of inspection techniques and experience of maintaining records.
* Good level of education
* Some training will be given to the right candidate
* A good knowledge of threaded fasteners would be an advantage and knowledge of working with exotic materials would be preferable
Hours of work
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Additional overtime will be available when required
If you are interested in this position, please apply with your CV. If you have any enquiries, please call Careerlink (phone number removed) and ask for Georgia.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £12.00 to £15.00 /hour
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.