You can save this job and apply at a later date.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance. This will be achieved by ensuring that the appropriate standards are applied, providing technical expertise and by maintaining strong and regular communications with all stakeholders particularly the Enforcement Authorities and Highlands & Islands Enterprise.
Purpose of the job:
The Engineering Manager is accountable to the Head of Technical Operations for providing competent technical advice.
In discharging theses accountabilities, the Engineering Manager is responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance with statutory/legal obligations e.g. HSE legislation, Cableway Regulations / Standards and company policy.
- Assist with updating and developing Health and Safety policies, procedures and Risk Control Systems for specific high-risk activities.
- Identifying and managing all engineering safety risks as well as being responsible for the engineering related sections of the Risk Control System.
- Conducting safety inspections with the Health & Safety Manager and participating in the investigation of accidents and injuries.
- Ensuring the Cableway Technical Files and Engineering Safety Case are updated with any additional information and design modifications.
The role would suit someone who has had past experience in engineering / maintenance with outdoor activities. Candidates must have an engineering based qualification equivalent to HND with 5 years relevant experience in an Engineering or maintenance environment.
The role will require a degree of flexible working including regular weekend working during the winter months, attendance at emergency events and occasional overnight stays away from the place of work.
- An engineering based qualification equivalent to HND with 5 years relevant experience in an Engineering or maintenance environment.
- Ideally have a basic Health & Safety qualification (NEBOSH General certificate).
- Broad engineering knowledge and the experience of implementing best practice in the maintenance of mechanical, electrical and infrastructure assets and systems.
- Project Management experience.
- Able to produce and present technical reports.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to communicate technical issues
- Ability to manage and motivate.
- Experienced, forward-thinking.
- Excellent IT skills.
- A motivated individual who is not fazed by an ever-changing environment.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.