You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Head of Engineering
Head of Engineering
£Negotiable plus excellent benefits
The Head of Engineering will be responsible for the daily management of the Engineering Department and the overall planning & execution of complex development programs and research projects, from initial brief through to delivery for the business.
This role will work with the Product Management, Marketing and Operations teams to ensure overall coordination and execution of business deliverables. This is a new position and has been created due to growth of business.
The Head of Engineering must have considerable management experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate a high degree of accountability. This position requires regular communication with executive management on engineering status, risks and forward plans.
Duties/responsibilities for the Head of Engineering
* Manage, shape and lead teams of multi-disciplinary development and research engineers including: mechanical, electrical, firmware, software, DSP, acoustics
* Develop and empower individual contributors to deliver for the business
* Champion lessons learned to drive continuous improvement & avoid known problems
* Manage change into standard best practices
* Enable communication & visibility to ensure alignment at all levels of the organization
* Development & deployment of best practices to improve performance, efficiency, and produce repeatable results
* Represent the collective Engineering team in interfacing with Product Marketing or customers
* Drive accountability and awareness, solve problems, remove roadblocks, and proactively search out and address risks or weaknesses to ensure the workstreams meet quality standards and complete on time and in budget
Qualifications/education required for the Head of Engineering
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related engineering discipline
* Continuing education in management preferred Experience required
* Considerable experience managing multi-disciplinary engineering teams
* Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical programs and to drive numerous programs simultaneously
* Ability to inspire and motivate diverse teams and individuals
* Excellent presentation and first-class interpersonal skills
* Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels both internally and externally Specialist training required
* Excellent listening and writing skills and good problem solving
For more information on The Head of Engineering please contact Lisa Parsons
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Point Professional Recruitment LTD