You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Highways Engineer - Traffic Systems Design
Fundamental to living their core values, is having great people in their business. That's why they believe that Amey is only as great as the people they employ.
Working for Amey you will receive a highly competitive remuneration package as well as the opportunity to work within a progressive and dynamic environment with a real diversity of projects and excellent long term career scope.
What is the purpose of the role?
To undertake design and provide technical support within the Traffic Projects Design team.
What makes the role unique?
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join a well established, dynamic team, working on a varied range of highways and public realm projects.
What will this role involve?
You will ensure that good relationships with all external parties are maintained to enhance the reputation of the company and the delivery of projects to the customer by providing technical input into projects, working within defined budgets, to an agreed timetable and to high professional standards.
Key responsibilities are:
* Assist in the development and supervision of project team members
* Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances
* Plan and prioritise own activities to ensure effective utilisation of time
* Undertake technical design work including the production of electronic drawings using AutoCAD and other related software.
* Resolve problems and issues to support the delivery of projects or design objectives
* Take ownership of and resolve problems when required with minimal supervision
* Provide technical administrative support including project administration
* Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external business partners, customers and clients
* Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team
* Assist less experienced colleagues ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards
* Take ownership of personal development in order to build professional capability
Who are we looking for?
* You will have attained an HNC/BEng/MEng in Civil Engineering or similar and be working towards EngTECH/IEng status of the Institution of Civil Engineers / Institution of Highways and Transportation or similar
The applicant will need to demonstrate they have the key skills / knowledge in the following areas:
* Client focused approach to service delivery
* Design experience within a traffic engineering environment
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD/KeyLines to produce technical drawings
* Experience of traffic sign design and use of KeySign/KeyPost
* Knowledge of relevant design standards including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
* Awareness of contract documents and procedures including the Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works
* Knowledge and experience of CDM regulations and other health and safety legislation
* Knowledge of Road Safety Audit procedures
* Knowledge of QM and EMS processes
* Experience of writing traffic regulation orders
* Experience of designing a variety of schemes; cycling, traffic calming, priority working, minor highways, bus lanes etc.
* Extensive experience of undertaking consultation with residents/businesses, stakeholders, councillors and other third parties
* Knowledge of relevant legislation including the Road Traffic Regulation Act; the Local Authorities Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations; The Traffic Management Act; the Highways Act and the Highways (Road Humps) Regulations
* Play a supporting role to the Principal Engineer & Senior Engineer
* Ability to undertake all activities to produce schemes through to detailed design
* Ability to work to tight timescales and budgets
* Team player
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Flexible and enthusiastic in approach
* Developing and motivating self and others
* Well organised
* High level of computer literacy including competency in the use of AutoCAD, KeySign, KeyLine, KeyPost, Microsoft Office
* Building excellent customer and client relationships
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.