You can save this job and apply at a later date.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the cableway and other assets at Cairngorm Mountain. The role is wide ranging and will ensure effective management of all engineering activities on site. This will be achieved by ensuring that the appropriate standards are applied, providing technical expertise and by maintaining strong and regular communications with all stakeholders particularly the Enforcement Authorities and Highlands & Islands Enterprise.
* Being the key point of contact for all engineering matters.
* Ensuring compliance with statutory/legal obligations e.g. HSE legislation, Cableway Regulations / Standards and company
* Maintaining the Asset
* Assist with updating and developing Health and Safety policies, procedures and Risk Control Systems for specific high-risk activities.
* Identifying and managing all engineering safety risks as well as being responsible for the engineering related sections of the Risk Control System.
* Planning, coordinating and overseeing of all capital projects from concept through to
* Managing external Consultants and Contractors with regard to technical delivery and performance.
* Liaising with managers for the review of method statements / risk assessments.
* Conducting safety inspections with the Health & Safety Manager and participating in the investigation of accidents and injuries.
* Developing with Technical Supervisors and the technical maintenance teams the schedules of maintenance to ensure that they are meeting all cableway and safety Regulations / standards and that actions that affect safety are addressed.
* Co-ordinating with Cairngorm Mountain personnel the action and close out of findings that have been raised within internal or external safety monitoring or audit.
* Planning and implementing programs to train Cairngorm Mountain personnel in safe operating and maintenance procedures.
* Ensuring the Cableway Technical Files and Engineering Safety Case are updated with any additional information and design
* Ensuring all technical publications including O&M manuals and as built drawings are updated.
* Managing the Capital Expenditure budget and investment spend to ensure successful maintenance and continual
* Ensuring promotion of technical best practice and a culture of continuous improvement is instilled within Cairngorm Mountain personnel and the supply chain. throughout the company.
* An engineering based qualification equivalent to HND with 5 years relevant experience in an Engineering or maintenance environment.
* Ideally have a basic Health & Safety qualification (NEBOSH General certificate).
* Broad engineering knowledge and the experience of implementing best practice in the maintenance of mechanical, electrical and infrastructure assets and
* Project Management
* Able to produce and present technical
* Competent in the use of IT software to generate documents and manage spreadsheet applications and use collaborative IT systems.
Knowledge & Skills
* Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate technical issues - both written and verbal.
* Ability to manage and motivate Cairngorm Mountain and supply chain teams.
* Ability to work alone as well as part of a wider team and under pressure.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Experienced, forward-thinking.
* Problem solver.
* Excellent IT skills.
***If interested in this position send your CV ***
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.