You can save this job and apply at a later date.
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to be based to cover sites in the Oxford area.
Working hours: 8:00 - 17:00
To perform all planned and unplanned mechanical engineering activities relating to the running of an efficient contract and supporting client sites.
- Ensure that your technical training and development is kept up-to-date.
- Ensure all Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance is completed to schedule ensuring that appropriate documentation is completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Perform rectification of defects, ensuring all safety and performance standards are met in accordance with the contract.
- Carry out routine maintenance work associated with all mechanical systems.
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certification/ documentation is completed in accordance with client and EMCOR requirements.
- Liaise with and respond to the Helpdesk ensuring that urgent maintenance tasks are responded to within appropriate timescales.
- Ensure that good housekeeping and working practices are employed and ensure that you represent EMCOR in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform call out duty as required in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Comply with any reasonable request from line manager.
- This position requires ONC/OND, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant job specific discipline.
- Proven experience within a building services environment.
- Knowledge of, Legionella, and Permit to Work systems.
- Articulate, numerate and IT literate.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Understand the cost of poor performance.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Service Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in the field of assurance/ health and safety and environment.
- Have good decision making and communication skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
The individual must be willing to attain an Appointed position (Pressure Systems and/or Confined Spaces).
Motivated self starter.
Willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract.
Ability to think and react to immediate problems and issues without losing sight of or compromising long term goals.
High standard of personal integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change.
Ability to lead and act with authority when required.
Deductive Reasoning-the ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
The ability to make decisions and solve problems-analysing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
The ability to gather information from all relevant sources.
The ability to communicate with supervisors and peers, providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person.
The ability to organise, plan and prioritise work.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.