You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Process/Proposals Engineer (Automotive Automation Systems)
TBC (depends on experience)
Our client, based in the West Midlands, mainly focuses on providing comprehensive turnkey automated solutions for a number of high profile companies within the automotive sector (these mainly involve BIW systems for OEMs within the UK and Europe).
The company is looking to expand their current UK team with the addition of a Process/Proposals Engineer who specialises in automotive BIW manufacturing facilities.
The position involves undertaking a wide range of responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
• To work closely with the project management team to ensure a strong understanding of business needs, that the technical requirements of products are fully understood and addressed.
• To support project managers and their teams through the provision of project analysis, identifying and reporting emerging issues and trends in performance and behaviours related to planning & schedule management.
• To report into the project manager, communicating the impact of changes to internal and external stakeholders and providing scenario analysis.
• To evaluate and improve processes in manufacturing systems.
• To develop innovative solutions.
• To develop and implement systems that optimise all phases of the production process.
• To provide accurate cost budget for projects.
• To establish and maintain a database for project planning and cost.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• It is ESSENTIAL that you have experience in the process planning of automotive BIW manufacturing facilities.
• It is ESSENTIAL that you have an in-date UK driving licence.
• It is ESSENTIAL that you have a relevant degree in mechanical & automotive engineering or equivalent experience.
• It would be IDEAL if you have experience with BIW projects within the automotive sector.
• It would be IDEAL if you have worked for a major automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier in the past.
• The ability to work well under pressure.
• Teamworking skills.
• Basic project management skills.
• Experience and knowledge of the process and equipment for BIW & Powertrain assembly.
• Smart, methodical, organised, clear communication, assertive but polite to all.
• Willing to take on new skills and challenges.
• Can do attitude.
• Evaluate and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
• PC skills (MS Office, AutoCAD, CATIA, etc.)
If interested, please contact Adam Seal on (phone number removed) or email your latest CV , stating the job role that you are applying for in the subject line.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.