You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Role: Engineering Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £48,000 per annum
Location: Commutable from Crawley, Brighton, Chichester, Worthing, Horsham, Leatherhead and surrounding areas
A vacancy has come available for a large manufacturing company are looking for an Engineering Manager to head up the department who is after a challenging and rewarding opportunity.
· Oversee a large CAPEX project
· Manage continuous improvements throughout engineering
· Tailor and improve Planned Preventative Maintenance Program
· Reduce machine downtime and increase productivity
· Ensure the team are proactive, effective and meet the demands of the business
· Deliver plant improvements
· Plan and co-ordinate business strategies across the plant and it’s equipment
· Help improve communication between from Engineering to Production and Technical Departments
· Oversee Projects – new CAPEX project that is very exciting!
· Effectively manage maintenance activities (planned and unplanned), utilising operational excellence and continuous improvement activities to improve equipment reliability and ensure minimal equipment downtime.
· The collation, analysis and reporting of engineering, OEE, cost and process data, in support of key targets and objectives.
· Assist in the ongoing strategic plan of the factory.
· The development and implementation of activities which deliver first-class standards across the engineering environment, including Root Cause Analysis, 5S and CI principles.
· People management activities for a team of Engineers including recruitment, holidays, absence management, appraisals etc.
· Take an active role in increasing standards of safety and quality across the business, through highlighting hazards and making improvements in equipment and/or procedures.
· Maintain and update all maintenance documentation, which will include PC-based systems.
· Work closely with the production department to help plant deliver productivity goals.
· Drive and implement continuous improvements within the maintenance team to maximise efficiency within the Maintenance as well as Production departments.
· Manage revenue and capital spends within the confines of budget limits.
· Qualified in Engineering - Holding qualifications in Engineering, either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or both, such as City & Guilds, NVQ’s, HNC, Degree etc.
· Engineering Management or Maintenance Management experience, overseeing a department and a team of Maintenance Engineers
· Experience of working within a similar industry - All industries considered, including Automotive, Pharmaceutical, Plastics, FMCG, Food, Brick etc.
· Working knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, 5S and Continuous Improvement methodology.
· Demonstrable organisational skills, including the planning and implementation of systems and procedures.
If this role sounds of interest, please apply now and send your most up to date CV to Wesley at TechNichols Resourcing to be considered. Or call TechNichols Resourcing and speak with Wesley for further information.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard back within 5 working days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
TechNichols Resourcing Ltd