You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Engineering Manager - Electrical
Working Hours: Monday to Friday working 1 in 6 weekends
Salary: £40,000 - £45,400 plus 35 days holiday, private medical insurance, upto 16% pension contribution
A global supplier focused on a wide variety of carbon, alloy and stainless steels meeting the needs of demanding applications around the world.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an experienced plant based electrical engineer to join our clients team at their Stocksbridge facility. In this role, you will promote the continuous improvement efforts of our operation in creating value and driving sustainable outcomes.
Reporting to the Department Engineer, and as a partner with the process manager and quality functions, the role will see you responsible for leading the engineering functions within your area with an electrical focus. You will be required to engage with your team, as well as internal and external technical specialists, to provide engineering input to support and improve the operations of your area of responsibility. You will be actively involved in driving, monitoring and maintaining the engineering blueprint in accordance with change and design control procedures. You will be capable of working effectively across a variety of stakeholders to ensure optimal outcomes for the business.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* To ensure that all plant and people operate within and comply with company policy and statuary Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
* Determine, monitor and control the engineering resources and materials needed to satisfy the operational requirements of your area.
* Devise and develop planned maintenance and inspection schedules.
* Provide technical and engineering expertise to process and quality managers in your area
* Identify and assist in the preparation of development opportunities in your area, resulting in the continuous enhancement of engineering and production performance.
* Assist in the training and continuous development of the of a multi discipline engineering team
* To lead and co-ordinate investigations, identify root cause and implement solutions to any problems occurring within your area of responsibility.
* To monitor and drive KPIs for your area of responsibility
To be successful within this role you will ideally have:
You are a performance and achievement oriented professional with leadership potential, who is motivated by exceeding expectations and providing excellent results.
You have the ability to both react swiftly and succinctly when events arise as well as thinking ahead to develop and improve the assets in your area. You work well with technicians as a mentor and collaborator.
Your previous background in plant engineering and maintenance will see you well placed for the challenges of this role. To be successful you will demonstrate the following criteria:
* qualifications in Electrical Engineering (HNC or higher depending on experience)
* Plant engineering experience
* Experience and knowledge of bar processing facilities
* Detailed knowledge of complex processes, the associated machinery and control systems
* Strong communication and relationship building skills with an ability to work with a variety of stakeholders
* An understanding of risk management;
* Strong root cause analysis and problem solving skills with a collaborative approach to finding practical solutions;
* MS Office skills;
* Experience with a CMMS.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Major Recruitment (Doncaster Technical)