You can save this job and apply at a later date.
CAD Technician / Map & Utility Tracer
3D Technical Design Ltd (3DTD) specialise in Heat Network Design and Project Development, and offer Advanced Feasibility Studies, Project Planning and 3D Utility and Pipe Modelling for city-wide Heat Network projects.
We hold significant experience within this high growth industry and possess track records in developing the very best engineering talent.
The role of CAD Technician/Tracer is key to ensuring 3DTD Ltd achieves its vision through supporting the Heat Network Design Team, in the provision of CAD services.
There is also scope to develop the role into assisting with more complex CAD functions including the production of route and construction drawings, and 3D modelling utilities and pipe routes in accordance with BIM II.
The role includes a training and development programme, which will build upon the right candidate’s experience, and is essential for efficiently delivering the market leading reports and analysis which 3DTD offers to its clients, who include; Major Energy Suppliers, Local Authorities and Developers.
Candidates must have Civil and Surveying experience.
Core Tasks and Activities
Undertake an Initial Training Programme, including:
- Understanding 3D Technical Design business model and key services
- Technical induction to CAD standards and layering
- 3D Technical Design Quality System
Support the Network Design Team, through the provision of:
- Utility Tracing in CAD
- Obtaining Utility and Historical OS Maps
- Inserting DWG, PDF & Image files into drawings as X-References
- Overlaying historic maps and utility drawings within a current OS environment, ensuring major landmarks/buildings/roads are aligned using scale and alignment command functions
- Insert and update engineering annotations, attributes within drawings, which explain the Network Design Team’s key risks and observations
- Implementing layering systems with AutoCAD
- Dimensioning and measuring drawings in CAD
- Updating network GA route drawings
- Track and maintain data received files including OS, GIS and utility submissions.
- Updating Layer Status and External Reference Schedules
- Updating CAD Standards
- Maintain & Update Design Centre
- Extracting data from CAD environment
- Must have Civil or Surveying background
- Use of AutoCAD 2D essential and 3D is preferred although not essential
Experience & Core Skills
Advanced 2D CAD skills
Construction CAD Experience
1-3 years experience in construction industry
Additional experience would be an advantage
Formal AutoCAD training
3D CAD experience
Experience in BIM
Generating Dynamic Blocks
Key Candidate Attributes
When appraising candidates, 3D Technical Design focuses on the attributes and processes which enable success, rather than performance indicators. The correct candidate will excel when:
They have the confidence and desire to learn and question
Are passionate about providing high quality and trusted advice
Establishing strong relationships with colleagues, clients and suppliers
Assist the company in meeting its Quality, Financial and training objectives
Working to a prioritised drawing production list
High quality, and accurate production Utility Overlays in AutoCAD
Compliance with 3D Technical Design Quality Management System
40 hours per week, located at our Crawley office.
Starting Salary of £30k per annum, depending on experience and fit with role, with a 6-month probationary period, with 3 month formal progress review.
Pension Contributions – 3D Technical Design will pay 3% to your preferred pension scheme.
Pre-Approved Business Expenses and Mileage – Paid Monthly
Holiday Allowance – 23 days/year (plus all UK Statutory/Bank Holidays) - rising to 25 after 2yrs
Sick Pay – Up to 4 weeks a year full pay, then statutory
Notice Period for employee and employer - 1 Month
Annual Assessment for Bonus
Up to 5% of Salary for achieving all personal and development targets/projects agreed at annual appraisal.
Up to 5% of Salary for company achieving its annual quality objectives.
Up to 5% of Salary for company achieving its annual financial targets.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
3D Technical Design Ltd