You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Test Technician Specialist
Are you mechanically/electrically minded? Do you aspire to be part of a winning team? If the answer if yes... then look no further!
This opportunity includes award-winning training, a safe friendly environment, and ongoing temporary assignments at our client’s facility.
* Excellent holidays
* Shift premiums
* Uniform and PPE provided
* Two days full induction with ongoing, professional training
* Auto Pension scheme enrolment
* Free onsite car parking
* Canteen facilities
* Unique benefits app with shopping , holidays and much more exclusively available to Randstad Workers
* 37.5 hours PER WEEK, Monday to Thursday
* Alternate shifts between 2 weeks - day shifts and night shifts
Randstad has an exciting opportunity for a Test Technician Specialist. You will provide technical expertise, perform complex electrical/mechanical work and will work with and contribute towards a team of semi skilled and skilled employees. This skilled role allows you to develop your communication and interpersonal skills as well as use your initiative.
* Work with limited supervision to test standard transmissions to determine malfunctions and make repairs as required
* Perform special tests on transmissions sets to prove operational standards and engineering design theory
* Interpret complex prints and electrical/mechanical drawings to perform tests
* Document and analyse results of tests and provides appropriate feedback
* Set up and simulate test for transmissions and out transfer gears with the aid of the component documentation
* Update computer records on machine/progress faults
* Compliance with safety and quality standards
* Compliance with 5S programme and other business improvement initiatives
* Display behaviour and conduct fitting with our Values in Action
* Train other employees if and when required
* Any other appropriate duties
* Formal apprenticeship or NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in electrical or mechanical discipline
* Proven experience working with transmissions sets, gear or complex systems in a test environment with limited data available and limited supervision
* Must be able to set up and assimilate tests for components
* The ability to follow and comprehend verbal, specific and detailed procedures and work instructions as well as difficult arithmetic calculations in order to perform the duties described above
* The ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematic drawings
* The ability to use a variety of power tools, hand tools and complex testing equipment
* Ability to work from heights and in confined spaces
* HND Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering
You will be working with an experienced, dedicated team working together to produce high quality, world renowned machinery for the construction industry.
Don't delay in applying - we are holding registrations next week for our first successful applicants. With a start date of the 20th May, 2019. Please send your CV or call (phone number removed) to register our interest.
"We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age".
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Randstad Inhouse Services