You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer (known internally as a Senior Systems Engineer) to lead Aerospace Probes development projects. You will provide technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery. You will manage internal and external resources to successfully deliver allocated projects, through requirements definition, analysis, design, development and qualification. Further, you will ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
An apprenticeship/degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering and/or equivalent experience.
A strong understanding of mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering in the context of aerospace products (fuel/hydraulic/valve systems experience highly desirable)
Experience of NPI/ new product design and development within an Aerospace environment
An understanding of the operation and maintenance of military aircraft would be highly desirable
An understanding of airworthiness and certification is highly desirable.
Experience of liaison with customers and suppliers
Good written and oral communications skills
Experience of the management of aerospace development projects
Understanding of the financial management of development projects
Understanding of systems engineering methods
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Establish clear requirements baselines prior to commencement of design or change activity.
- Define and lead analyses in support of system design, integration and change assessment.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a DDP.
- Estimate resource requirements, plan projects and report progress
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes
- Work with Programme Management to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements
- Manage technical risks
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.