You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Site Engineering Manager
**Engineering Manager **
Situated at our Haverhill secondary meat processing facility this role will report directly the site director and will manage an engineering team of twenty. Ensuring all maintenance of the site, machinery, equipment and buildings within cost budget levels and compliance. Adhering to company and statutory health, safety and environmental policies and legislation to ensure the maximum production efficiency.
* Engage as an active member of the executive team to ensure the future success of the organisation, providing leadership and direction to the business
* Ensure that health, safety and environment of your team and any related duties within your responsibility including contractors and any work undertaken within your control
* Accountable for prioritising all day to day maintenance of machinery and equipment to ensure the efficiency of production is not affected
* Responsible for the integrity and maintenance of the fabrication of the site to include buildings and clear areas
* Lead and manage capital projects from design to machinery selection, installation and commissioning to improve overall effectiveness of plant and equipment
* Tightly control and monitor all costs relating to all engineering activities to include machinery parts, rental equipment, and labour to ensure they are within budget as well as best value being achieved without affecting quality
* Ensure utilities including water, gas. electricity, steam and effluent are closely monitored and managed to provide the most cost effective usage without undermining production
* Responsible for the site being fully compliant with all environmental, health & safety legislation
* Supervise, develop and train all engineering staff to ensure individual progression and future needs of the company are met
* Effectively resolve staff issues, liaising with HR and operations as appropriate and ensuring timely communication up and down the line
* Maintain hygiene standards within plant areas by ensuring regular audits are
* carried out by Engineering Supervisors
* Formulate, implement and manage a strategy for engineering and maintenance that is in line with the overall strategic plans of the company
* Liaise with production to plan necessary maintenance activities and utilise engineering resource effectively by balancing cost and timescales with the least disruption to production
* Responsible for issuing and approving work completed by contractors
* Supporting the site director with other related duties as assigned **
**Essential experience: **
* Solid experience of working in an FMCG food environment (ideally within high care)
* Solid and demonstrable engineering management experience of sizeable teams
* Knowledge of basic engineering (electrical and mechanical) needs
* Rational thinking and sound judgement
* City & Guilds electrical and mechanical certificate
* Industrial hydraulic and pneumatics trained
* Results orientated
* Demonstrable experience of developing positive and innovative team environments
* Strong ability to proactively plan and prioritise
* Willingness to challenge the status quo in order to achieve a culture dedicated to continuous improvement and best practice **
* Knowledge of slicers, tumblers and multi-vacuums
* Degree in manufacturing or engineering discipline
* Competitive salary
* 5.6 weeks holiday per year
* Competitive Contributory Pension
* Life Assurance Scheme funded by Karro
At Karro we are dedicated to rewarding and enriching the careers of the people who work for us. If you are hardworking, willing to get involved and respond well to a challenging and fast-moving environment, then you will find Karro to be a well-matched employer who will support you at every turn and reward your dedication with support, development and long-term career prospects.
Karro Food Group are a major UK food business, employing c. 3,000 people across 7 sites UK-wide, and generating over £600m+ of turnover every year. Karro is a leading producer of bacon, gammon, fresh pork, frozen sausage, ham and cooked meats we manage the entire production process from field to fork. We supply our high quality meat products to retail, foodservice and manufacturing customers across the UK, as well as export customers around the world. Core to our beliefs as a business is continuous innovation; adapting our products and services to ensure we are an industry leading, forward thinking and flexible business.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Karro Food Group