You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Kier Workplace Services are looking for a Mechanical Services Engineer to join our Facilities Maintenance team in Chesterfield on a permanent basis.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the delivery of a wide range of mechanical services and surveying functions relating to CBC Borough Council owned buildings (operational properties, sports centres, venues, corporate, industrial and commercial premises and offices). In particular heating, gas air-conditioning, ventilation, hot and cold water services and fire sprinkler systems.
* Mechanical services relating to: Investigation of defects, breakdowns and appointing contractors to undertake remedial actions.
* Reactive and planned maintenance function for the Clients (CBC) non housing stock to fulfil KPI requirements of the contract
* Provision of professional advice and support to the Client for new and restorative building projects
* Maintenance and instigation of effective control and compliance regimes, procurement and appointment of contractors to undertake the works.
* Management of Contractors carrying out repair\maintenance work as per above requirements
* Design requirements for Clients capital strategy for the premises portfolio in relation to planned improvement and upgrade work
Key Skills and Qualifications
* HNC in Building Services or equivalent
* IOSH or equivalent H&S Qualification
* Detailed practical working experience and knowledge of mechanical services in public and commercial property in particular heating, gas air-conditioning, ventilation, hot and cold water services, fire sprinkler systems
* Experience of designing, specifying and supervising all aspects of mechanical services work relating to repairs and maintenance and new installations
* A working knowledge of legionella control in public and commercial buildings and building energy management
* Strong organisational and communication skills
* Knowledge of CDM regulations, relevant British Standards and approved codes of practice relating to mechanical services installations and testing regimes.
* Experience of assessment and interpretation of mechanical services energy requirements for buildings and associated equipment
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.