You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Tool Room Supervisor
The Tool Room Supervisor will support the company’s tooling, fixturing and gauge requirements: providing new tooling, custom parts, modifications, repairs and project developments as requested by Centek’s Engineering and Production departments.
The Supervisor should have the necessary experience to enable them to promote teamwork, supervise toolroom staff and apprentices and plan for the most efficient use of manpower and plant. They should be experienced in prioritising work for a busy department.
- Providing quality new tooling, jigs & fixtures and development projects using all available resources of the tool room; a combination of flexible, more traditional, manual machines and high production CADCAM CNC machining facilities.
- Repairing, modifying and updating current tooling/fixtures etc. as required.
- Using and training others in the use of measuring equipment, machining processes and CAD/CAM systems.
- Reading and accepting engineering drawings (Solidworks) reviewing limits, fits and material requirements in order to determine what has to be produced.
- Liaising with engineers to understand problems/needs with tooling and to advise best machining methods.
- Communicating on status of work and being proactive in managing demands to provide materials for orders in a timely manner.
- Running an apprentice programme to develop the next generation of Centek Toolmakers. Coaching, supporting and mentoring apprentices from NVQ to HNC level.
- Ensure that all production requirements are efficiently carried out to guarantee minimum downtime.
- Controlling and sourcing tools, equipment, materials and sub-contracting (Heat treatment, stock material, consumables etc.).
- Becoming the 5S toolroom lead regarding housekeeping and ensure 5S is maintained
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety of the toolroom, ensuring all documentation is kept up to date and attending H&S meetings.
Technical/Work based competencies:
- Supervisory Skills
- The ability to share knowledge with apprentices and others.
- Excellent machine experience to include manual Bridgeports, Lathes and Milling machines.
- Ability to read complex 2D drawings
- CNC experience - OneCNC & Edgecam, HAAS CNC.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks CAD, Draftsite CAD & Microsoft Office suit.
- Good knowledge of 5S
- An understanding of 6 Sigma, lean manufacturing skills
- Ability to understand a range of engineering information from any source, e.g. machine suppliers and possess the technical ability to converse with both customer and supplier as required.
- Solid understanding of Health and Safety Practices and regulation.
- Understanding of the need to ensure that work processes and products to meet specification set out by the Company with reference to the Quality Policy, Audit standards and Standard Operating Procedures etc.
Reporting to: Product Development Manager
Salary: Competitive depending on experience.
Hours of Work: 7.30am - 4pm Monday to Friday (40 hrs)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.