You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Performance Technical Engineer
An experienced technical engineer with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. The successful candidate must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of modern technical systems, and proven capability in fault finding and electrical and mechanical repairs.
The Performance Technical Engineer will work at the Depot facility to conduct fault finding and repairs of new Rolling Stock. The Performance Technical Engineer reports to the Performance Engineer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cross discipline (electrical and mechanical) corrective maintenance tasks.
- Fault finding and repair of technical systems rolling stock.
- Use of a Maintenance Management System.
- To know and comply with EHS and Quality requirements, procedures and instructions.
- To protect themselves and the rest of the employees, to attend the necessary Quality and EHS training.
- Adhere to COSHH work procedures
- Correct use of PPE
- Ensure tools, machinery and other devices are kept in good condition.
- Liaise with the client to keep him informed of failure repair progress.
- Deputise for the Performance Engineer as and when required.
- Attend client facing meetings
- Support the Performance Engineer in the production of vehicle performance KPIs; Warranty ECRs; tracking of materials; and proposing modifications
- Effective communication skills, able to communicate in a multi-national and culturally diverse organization.
- Able to use initiative, and can work alone to achieve results effectively. Seeks to minimize waste in resources and processes.
- A team player, works collaboratively and uses influence to gain resolution of issues.
- Good at problem solving, thoroughly assesses every side of a situation before deciding on an appropriate course of action.
- Adaptable, able to manage change and remain flexible to individual situations.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILLS
- HND or equivalent
- Health and Safety qualification (i.e. IOSH/ NEBOSH Certification) - desirable
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Experience of fault-finding and repair on modern electronic systems
- Experience of fault-finding on mechanical systems
- PC literate with the ability to learn new software programmes quickly
- Experience of using a maintenance management system
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Proven experience in planning and organising
- Experience writing technical reports
- Rolling stock experience
- Experience delivering training
- Valid driver’s license
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish would be an advantage
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
CAF Rail UK