You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Involved in the complete process, the Junior Mechanical Engineer will be given time to learn the commercial requirements within then business and ultimately instrumental in identifying the correct components, assemblies and supplied services to build machines on time and cost effectively whilst also spending time estimating costs for upcoming projects.
The Junior Estimator Role:
- Utilising bespoke Electrical and Mechanical drawings and schematics to identify and source suitable products and suppliers.
- Negotiate suitable terms of business within a varied supply base.
- Communication with supplier network to resolve supplier issues.
- Estimate machinery costs, breakdowns and likely profit.
- Establish supply alternatives where appropriate
The Successful Junior Estimator candidate:
- Competent reading technical drawings and specifications.
- Suitable candidates may come from a similar role or have an engineering background / Degree qualification and be confident dealing with negotiations over the phone and face to face.
- Commercial acumen and ability negotiate effectively with suppliers.
Days Role Monday – Friday
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.