You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Eden Scott’s client is a market leader in their industry and expansion is envisaged over the coming months. Manufacturing high class products from their site based in Fife, our client has seen consistent growth and achievement over the past year.
As a result, an opportunity has become available for a Production Engineer to join the team.
The purpose of the role is to provide input and influence in the early phase to improve the design of products in terms of safety, production, flow and cost.
- Create, review and update Routings in line with company standards
- Reviewing of drawings, part reports and procedures to ensure parts can be safely produced in the most effective an efficient manner
- Pro-actively analyse the handling of material through the shop floor
- Participate in root cause analysis, such as 5 why or more complex cause maps
- Create production documentation such as Standard Work Instructions, capability reports and tooling, jigs and fixtures specifications
- Define and implement process improvements and develop existing production processes
- Ensure readiness of equipment for production
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in product design or production engineering
- Ability to read and understand production drawings
- Ability to read, interpret and prepare technical information and suggest design/process changes to ensure functional and cost-effective results
- Understanding of customer requirements and ability to create documents used for production
- Excellent communication skills -written and verbal
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.