You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Senior Civil Engineer
As a Senior Engineer, you will be part of an established, experienced and growing team, based in AECOM’s multidisciplinary Basingstoke office. You will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of significant development infrastructure projects (across all stages of development), for a range of Clients. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to, and be part of, a proactive learning environment within a wider national community of infrastructure engineers.
In summary you will:
Be responsible for and undertake design or elements of design, depending on the project scale, with appropriate support and supervision.
Contribute to project management to drive forward various civil infrastructure projects related to commercial, residential and transportation developments;
Continue to develop a wide-ranging infrastructure design and project management expertise, having a keen interest in the development of technical skills and mentoring others.
Help develop the Company’s business.
- Undertake civil infrastructure design and design management.
- Depending on project scale and with appropriate supervision either manage or contribute to the management of the technical, financial and management requirements of development related infrastructure projects (including planning, control and monitoring from feasibility through to detailed design phase and construction support).
- Play an active part in the project assurance process, including taking part in technical reviews.
- Provide a client-focused service which results in on-going satisfaction and repeats business.
- Build effective relationships within teams, across the organisation.
- Mentor junior staff and take a proactive interest in personal and team development.
- Manage a small team.
- Support work-winning initiatives, including the preparation and management of project budgets & programmes.
- Contribute to developing the company’s business including technical skills development.
Specific Skills Required:
We recognise a variety of experience and backgrounds may suit this role. Without being prescriptive we are seeking the right blend of skills from the following list, with the understanding experience levels in specific technical areas may vary.
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable liaising with Clients and third parties.
- A demonstrable proactive approach to continuing professional development.
- Uses analysis of relevant information and own judgement to make informed and sound decisions.
- The ability to produce the design of highways, access roads and infrastructure of development projects including the design of road geometry, public realm, earthworks, pavements, drainage and underground services.
- To understand and have experience of the MCHW, DMRB, MfS and local authority design guidance.
- A detailed knowledge of road design using 3D computer modelling packages, such as Civil 3D.
- Detailed knowledge of drainage design including piped systems, SuDS based systems and familiarity with storage design and computer programs such as MicroDrainage.
- Be able to coordinate with statutory utilities to secure capacity for new development and any associated improvements to the existing networks.
- Be able to identify, design and procure Statutory Utilities diversions and be familiar with NRSWA procedures.
- Good working knowledge of construction contracts (E.g. NEC or similar).
- Contribute to the preparation of fee proposals.
- Be commercially aware.
- Undertake business development to win new business.
- Awareness of public sector procurement requirements.
- Understand and have experience of local government development criteria and policies.
- Have awareness of highway and drainage law.
- Manage client expectations.
- Knowledge and application of the requirements defined in the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
Minimum Requirements :
Experience in UK development-related infrastructure engineering; likely to be from a private/consultancy background;
Ideally to have experience in the preparation of contract drawings and specifications and the negotiation of Section 38 and 278 Agreements for highway works, 104 and 106 Agreements for sewers and also utilities work experience.
A practical and current awareness of technological developments in the design process would be highly beneficial.
Preferred Qualifications :
Recently Chartered (CEng), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.