£28500 - £30000/annum
A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced CNC Setter / Operator (lathes) to join an established Multinational Engineering Company working in their factory close to Birmingham city centre. Working within a Lean production environment you will be exposed to a variety of processes, technology and machinery working in a fast paced environment. You will ideally be apprenticeship trained and have the relevant Engineering qualifications.
The key duties and Responsibilities will be as follows:
- Setting and Operating various Lathe (Doosan) machines;
- Machining components in different (usually small) batch quantities;
- Ability to perform machine set-up's, machine operations and program edits;
- Multi-machine manning;
- Use of measuring equipment to produce quality accurate parts;
- Use best practice in machinery operations;
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures.
Our Client are looking for the following expertise from potential candidates:
- Experience of working in a precision engineering environment;
- Experience of setting and operating CNC machinery with FANUC controls;
- Relevant Engineering qualification such as a recognised apprenticeship;
- Experience of Small Batch Work and 1-5 offs is desirable;
- Ability to edit programmes (no requirement to program);
- Read & understand Engineers drawings;
- Experience of tight tolerances;
- Experience of working with Lean manufacturing.
There is an excellent opportunity for progression and self-development within the group.
You will be working Permanent weekday Nights over a 37.5 hour week. The remuneration package will include a starting salary from £28,500 up to £30,000 pre shift allowance (which is 33.2%) together with a company pension scheme and other benefits.
Please click apply to submit your details.Apply Now