You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Salary and benefits:
Competitive salary plus company car or car allowance, matched pension up to 7.5%, numerous retail discounts, share save plans and 26 days annual leave.
Location: Within 1 hours’ commute of Birmingham
Business area: Highways
Kier Highways design roads, bridges and intelligent transport systems (ITS), covering strategic and nationally important roads, as well as local roads serving local communities. Our projects range from major improvements to complete renewals of roads and structures. With specialist teams, we manage complex works from conception through to handover at the end of maintenance periods.
Tasks/Responsibilities as follows:
* Responsible for Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities.
* Be part of a step change in the delivery of technology maintenance services, bringing them in line with Kier and Highways England’s aspirations.
* Responsible for delivering targeted network optimisation across all asset types. This could include MIDAS, Message Signs, Signals or CCTV.
* Work closely with the performance team to selectively optimise sections of the network.
* Use their experience and knowledge to train, mentor and develop the technology optimisation technicians.
* Report directly to the technology operations manager(s) on health and safety and progress during shifts they are working on.
* Work with the technology operations manager(s) to assist in developing the maintenance requirements plan.
* Report to technology operations manager(s) on activities undertaken during shifts they work.
* Enthusiastically identify early opportunities and highlight them to management to the benefit of Kier and their customers.
* Collaborate with key supply chain partners, other areas of Kier and with our client to deliver exceptional service levels to customers. Ensure this collaboration takes place on their shifts.
* Help manage the key interface between the technology maintenance contract and the Highways England Control Centre.
* Lead themselves and work with others over the course of the shifts they work on.
* Work closely with the performance team to ensure faults are dealt with intelligently.
* Be responsible for delivering elements of the maintenance requirements plan assigned to them.
* Adopt a forward-thinking approach by identifying potential innovative techniques and products for the delivery of technology maintenance. Highlight these to management.
* Perform other duties as may be reasonably required.
* The technology optimisation engineer role is based on a normal 37.5 hour week. There will be a requirement for occasional night shifts.
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
* Experience working as a highways technology maintenance engineer or optimisation engineer.
* Understanding of Highways England technology systems including TPMS, COBS and its subsystems, display equipment, CCTV, digital storage devices and motorway communications.
* Knowledge and application of current technologies, standards and best practice relating to Highways England`s Motorway and trunk road communications systems.
* Takes ownership of tasks and sees them through to completion.
* Ability to influence others.
* Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
* Able to work independently without close supervision.
* Forward thinking.
* Desire to work collaboratively to find the root cause of issues and deliver a proactive maintenance approach.
* Desire to identify innovative technologies and solutions.
* Ability to learn and keep up to date with changes in highways technology standards and required statutory legislation.
* Computer literate and fully conversant with MS Office suite.
* Vocational qualification in technology related discipline to satisfy sector scheme requirements.
* HERS Sector 8 training relevant to role.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.