You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Kier Design and Business Services is looking for an experienced Civil Engineer to join our award winning Civil and Structural Engineering Team in Liverpool on a permanent basis.
Key Responsibilities, The civil engineer will:
* will produce design calculations, reports, drawings, specifications, schedules and specifications
* will be responsible for producing and checking calculations, reports, drawings, design models, schedules and specifications within a quality assurance environment
* will be required to visit building sites, carry out building surveys and inspections and to visit other Kier offices on occasion
* will coordinate civil and structural design information with other technical disciplines
* will be committed to maintaining a programme of Continuing Professional Development
Essential Skills and experience:
* BSc, MSc, BEng or MEng in Civil or Structural Engineering
* Associate Member of ICE and a commitment to Continuing Professional Development
* Experience designing building and car park/road drainage, SUDS systems, retaining structures and external works within a professional Civil and/or Structural Engineering office environment
* Experience using Innovyze Microdrainage software, Autodesk vehicle tracking and Civil 3d design software
* Experience preparing flood risk assessment reports for new building projects or site redevelopments
* Experience of making applications for adoptable sewers and roads
* Knowledge of cut and fill optimisation, earthworks and pavement design
* Knowledge of underground drainage design to British Standards or European Standards in addition to knowledge of BREEAM and sustainable civil engineering design practice
* Knowledge of the CDM Regulations and UK construction techniques
* Will be aspiring to become a Chartered Civil Engineer
* A full UK driving licence is required to enable all aspects of the role to be fulfilled.
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.