You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Modifications Electrical Technician
As part of a programme of repairs at Wednesbury Depot, Technicians are required to work on the carbody of the trams using existing electrical and mechanical drawings, documents and VMI’s.
Technicians are expected to be capable of working as a part of a small team on the following types of systems, removing and refitting major components:
- Traction Control
- PIS, PA, and CCTV
- Passenger Access Doors
- Auxiliary electrical equipment
- Network communications including CAN bus and ethernet
- Pneumatics up to 12 bar
- Complex cab control systems including GPS positioning and On-track Safety Systems
- Wiring and integration of circuit breakers, relays, PLCs, transformers, insulators, cabinets, motors, and other associated electrical parts
- Use of a variety of electrical testing equipment including laptop computers with diagnostic software, ethernet tester, insulation tester etc.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC SKILL
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Electrical fault finding
- Able to interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematic diagrams
- Use of diagnostic software under supervision
- Use of test and measuring equipment
- Available for shift work (Days & Nights including weekends), if required.
LANGUAGES: English; Spanish would be an advantage
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
CAF Rail UK