You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Premium Class Aircraft Seating
Describe the activity and primary duties being requested:
Reporting to the Quality Supervisor, the Quality Inspector will be responsible for inspection and conformance to design of production and maintenance activities.
- Inspects parts, assemblies and finished products to drawings and specifications.
- Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct critical non-routine visual, dimensional, mechanical, electrical test and functional inspections on a wide variety of components, assemblies, equipment, systems, supplies and materials.
- Inspect and check aircraft components for airworthiness and proper installation.
- Inspect purchased parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements.
- Conduct first article inspection of parts, assemblies, equipment and tooling.
- Maintain necessary inspection logs and write inspection reports.
- Submit recommendations to resolve recurring deficiencies found during inspections.
- Interpret inspection findings and determine adequacy of corrective actions.
- Provide training as required to address deficiencies identified during audits/inspections.
- Identify Continuous improvement opportunities and progress related actions
Describe the ideal skills, experience and qualifications to perform this activity:
- Possess strong computer skills to include developing documents in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have experience using calibrated inspection measurement tools such as micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Must be proficient in the understanding of torque and assembly methods/processes.
- Must be capable of communicating quality and engineering criteria/issues to all levels of factory employees.
- Must be able to read and perform inspections using the assembly instructions and engineering drawings. This will require a good understanding of reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications.
- Have awareness of how to conduct First Article Inspections.
- Able to read and interpret drawings, and service bulletins.
Currently the inspection gaps are in the following areas:
Rate is competitive
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.