You can save this job and apply at a later date.
Mechanical Design Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer to join my client on a permanent basis at their site just outside of central York.This role has been created due to securing a number of large projects which has made room for a new member of the team. The successful candidate will be suitably qualified in Mechanical Engineering with demonstrable experience designing a range of mechanical projects. Candidates must have previous experience working within a Mechanical Design role with a solid understanding of manufacturing processes.
If you feel you are able to bring conceptual ideas to life and able to solve problems where others cannot then this is the job for you.
- Provide mechanical design solutions on projects.
- Produce design briefs to allow CAD Technicians to undertake tasks when required.
- Produce 3D models and accompanying drawings.
- Provide technical support to the Production Team.
- Manage project workload and advise CAD Manager on resources required.
- Check and approve drawings by CAD Technicians.
- Communicate with the project client to achieve the required solutions within the available budget constraints.
- Assist with risk management within Engineering and Technical projects both in the workshop and on site
Skill and Attributes
- Qualified in Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable experience working within a Mechanical Design Engineering role.
- Confident in the use of AutoCAD to produce both 2D and 3D models.
- Able to produce design solutions to conceptual ideas to meet and exceed client requirements.
Note: This vacancy is being advertised by Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.
Apex Engineering Solutions Ltd
The job: has been sent to: